*Paleo & Primal Approved
Prep time: 15 min • Cook time: 15 min • Yield: about 4 ½ cups
- 3½ cups full fat coconut milk, 2 cans/13 ½ ounces each
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- ½ cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract or 2 to 3 teaspoons pure almond extract
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Put coconut milk and arrowroot in a medium saucepan and whisk together until arrowroot dissolves. Add honey, eggs, and vanilla and thoroughly mix all ingredients. Place saucepan on medium low heat and continue to stir until the mixture is thickened and it comes to a low simmer.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Refrigerate overnight or until it is totally chilled. Fold almonds into ice cream mixture. Process in ice cream freezer according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Store in a sealed container in the freezer. When fully frozen, you will need to let it sit out to soften before scooping.