Prep time: 5 min • Cook time: 10-15 min • Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons pan dripping (fat skimmed from the top)
- 2 cups Organic Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Almond milk (unsweetened)
- 3 tablespoons Organic Arrowroot
- Fine sea salt and white pepper to taste
- In a heavy weight medium sauce pan over medium heat, warm the onion powder for a few seconds.
- Add the chicken broth to the saucepan.
- Stir in the pan drippings and combine well. Bring this to a boil.
- Meanwhile measure the almond milk in a 1 cup measuring cup and add the arrowroot. Stir a make a smooth slurry.
- Stir the slurry into the hot broth. Reserve a little slurry for extra thickening.
- Continue stirring to combine.
- When the gravy thickens, remove it from the heat source.
- If a thicker gravy is desired, drop in more slurry. Stir quickly
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir.
- Transfer the gravy to a warm bowl for serving.
Recipe Courtesy of Celia Fern