Sweet potatoes have more beta-carotene than white potatoes, so are better for you.
Prep time: 20 min • Cook time: 25-30 min • Yield: 3 servings
- 1 ½ pounds sweet potatoes, (about 3 medium), peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Place on the prepared baking sheet, drizzle with oil and toss well. Spread out in a single layer. Bake until tender when pierced with a knife, 25 to 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, combine coconut aminos and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until syrupy and reduced to 1/3 cup, 12 to 15 minutes. (Watch the syrup carefully during the last few minutes of reducing to prevent burning.) Swirl in butter.
- Drizzle the sauce over the sweet potatoes.