Looking for a way to boost the nutrition of your broth even further? Add dark leafy greens to your bone broth for a boost of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients. Have it as a soup or blend for a green drink.
Prep Time: 10 min • Cook Time: 10 to 15 min • Yield: 1 quart or 4, 8-ounce cups
- 4 ½ cups bone broth
- 1-inch knob fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric, to taste
- 2 or 3 black peppercorns
- Pinch cayenne
- Pinch cumin
- Pinch ground cardamom, optional
- 2 cups chopped dark leafy greens, i.e. dandelion greens, spinach, chard, kale
- Celtic or Pink Himalayan salt, use after serving
Add all ingredients, except the greens, to a pot and barely simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
Strain solids in a fine mesh strainer.
Add greens to broth and let sit covered for 10 minutes for tender greens such as spinach. For more fibrous greens such as kale, barely simmer in the broth for 10 to 15 minutes.