Prep time: 10 min • Cook time: 5 min • Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 onion, finely minced
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 spaghetti squash, roasted and shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a large bowl, mix onion, almond flour, eggs, salt, and pepper with a whisk until combined. Squeeze any excess moisture from the squash with a clean dish towel or paper towels, add to the bowl, and mix well. Allow the batter to rest 10-minutes.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil in a nonstick skillet and heat over medium-high heat until the oil is melted and shimmers. Swivel the pan to coat the bottom.
- Drop 1/4-cup servings of batter into the pan, making sure they don’t touch. Cook until browned on the bottom and starting to set, about 4- to 5-minutes. Flip gently and cook the other side until browned, an additional 3- to 4-minutes.
- Cook in batches, adding more coconut oil to the pas as necessary. Serve hot.
Tip: These fritters are great topped with browned ground beef or lamb, served with Hearty Chili or enjoyed alongside grilled meats.
If you would like a copy of my Meals in Minutes document – click link below!
Vary It! Substitute shredded zucchini for the spaghetti squash!