Prep time: 10 min • Cook time: 15 min • Yield: 8 small cakes
- 3 6-ounce cans of lump crab, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Savory Spice Blend (see below)
- 3 – 4 teaspoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- Combine the crab, eggs, shallots, coconut milk, mayonnaise, and Savory Spice Blend in a small mixing bowl. As you form the cakes, if the mixture is too runny squeeze out some of the liquid. Pat the cakes in a shallow bowl of coconut flour to coat well. Make the cakes any size you prefer. Smaller cakes will be easier to flip.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt enough coconut oil to create a layer about ¼-inch deep. Gently place the cakes in pan and make sure the cakes don’t touch each other. Allow the patties to brown on one side before flipping, and cook/brown the other side.
- Serve warm or cold.
Make this recipe with either salmon or tuna.
Savory Spice Blend
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
1 ½ tablespoon garlic powder
½ tablespoon onion powder
½ tablespoon Ancho chili powder
Place all the spices in small jar, cover with a lid and shake to combine.
Store the spice blend in the air-tight jar.