This is pumpkin pie in a glass!
Prep time: 3 min • Yield: 2 servings
- 2 cups almond milk or other nut milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (plain canned or cooked pumpkin; not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons Sunbutter™ of almond butter
- ½ to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 6 to 9 ice cubes
- Put all ingredients in a blender and whip until smooth and creamy. Optionally, sprinkle a dash or cinnamon or nutmeg on the top.
I particularly enjoy this smoothie for breakfast with Paleo protein powder. If your protein powder is sweetened, omit the maple syrup. If you use vanilla protein powder you can omit the vanilla extract. You can also substitute pumpkin pie spice for the individual spices listed above.
Since this tastes like dessert to me, I will sometimes pour it into two small bowls and freeze it for about an hour and eat it with a spoon!