Prep time: 20 min • Cook time: 40 min • Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 9-inch round cake pan or spring form pan
- 3 tablespoons ghee or pasture-raised butter, melted
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup very ripe fresh peaches, sliced
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 6 eggs, at room temperature *
- 6 tablespoons (¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons) full fat coconut milk or coconut cream
- 6 (¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons) tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- ½ teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and move rack to middle of oven.
- Cut a circle or parchment paper to fit in the bottom of the pan. Brush butter on the sides of pan, then pour remaining butter into cake pan to cover the bottom evenly.
- Sprinkle sugar evenly over the butter and arrange peaches in a circle(s) over the sugar mixture. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine cup coconut oil, eggs, coconut milk/cream, maple syrup, and vanilla, and mix for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and combine. The batter will be loose. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the top has browned and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out dry.
- Place cake on wire rack to cool in pan for 15 minutes. Invert cake onto a serving platter; carefully peel off parchment. Let stand for 20 minutes before cutting; serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate any uneaten cake.
*Room temperature eggs will keep the cake lighter