Prep time: 15 min • Cook time: 15-20 min
- 2 ½ cups almond meal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Pat the dough into 9-inch glass pie dish, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven to cool.
Note: You want to create a thin, even layer, it make take 10 minutes to get this perfect.
Vary it! Try pecan meal to add more flavor to your pie.
Prep time: 15 min • Yield: 1 pie
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 10 oz mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Brand)
- In ice-cream maker, place coconut milk and maple syrup. Mix until consistency of ice cream.
- Add in 6 oz of the chocolate chips to ice cream as mixture starts to thicken.
Complete Assembly of the Pie
Layer One: Pour 6 oz of chocolate over pie crust. Place in refrigerator until hard. (approx. 10 min)
Layer Two: Take out and add ice cream mixture. Place in freezer until firm. (approx. 20 min)
Layer Three: Add the remainder of the chocolate to the top of the pie along.
Cover and Freeze. Remove from freezer 20 minutes prior to serving.
*Note: If you do not have an ice cream maker and this recipe is calling your name, So-Delicious has a coconut milk ice cream that is acceptable for this pie.