Prep time: 10 min • Cook time: 15 min • Yield: 6-8 small cakes
Crab Cake Ingredients
- 3 6-ounce cans of lump crab, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Savory Spice Blend
- 3 – 4 teaspoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- ½ cup grass fed butter
- Pinch cayenne
- 6 Poached Eggs
- 6 Tomato Slices
- Combine the crab, eggs, shallots, coconut milk, mayonnaise, and Savory Spice Blend in a small mixing bowl. As you form the cakes, if the mixture is too runny squeeze out some of the liquid. Pat the cakes in a shallow bowl of coconut flour to coat well. Make the cakes any size you prefer. Smaller cakes will be easier to flip.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt enough coconut oil to create a layer about ¼-inch deep. Gently place the cakes in pan and make sure the cakes don’t touch each other. Allow the patties to brown on one side before flipping, and cook/brown the other side.
- Serve warm or cold.
TIP: Make this recipe with either salmon or tuna.
- In the container of a blender, combine the egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice, cayenne and hot pepper sauce. Cover, and blend for about 5-10 seconds.
- Place the grass fed butter in a glass measuring cup. Heat butter in the microwave for about 1 minute, or until completely melt and hot. Set the blender on high speed, and pour the butter into the egg yolk mixture in a thin stream. It should thicken almost immediately. Keep the sauce warm until serving by placing the blender container in a pan of hot tap water.
*Take Sliced Tomato and place over top of Crab Cake. Then add Poached Eggs on top. Finally drizzle Hollandaise to taste. May be served with Avocado.