Paleo Pie Crust
Prep time: 15 min • Cook time: 15-20 min
- 2 ½ cups almond meal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Pat the dough into 9-inch glass pie dish, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven to cool.
Note: You want to create a thin, even layer, it make take 10 minutes to get this perfect.
Vary it! Try pecan meal to add more flavor to your pie.
Prep time: 10 min • Yield: 1 pie
- 12 oz chocolate melted in double boiler
- ⅔ cup almond butter (cashew may be used)
- ⅓ cup palm shortening
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground sea salt
- ⅓ cup maple syrup, or to taste
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, palm shortening, vinegar, lemon juice and salt.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip the mixture until you achieve a cream cheese consistency. Beat in the maple syrup and vanilla.
Prep time: 15 min • Yield: 1 pie
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- In ice-cream maker, place coconut milk and maple syrup. Mix until consistency of ice cream.
- 12 oz of Paleo approved chocolate chips – Place in double boiler and melt.
Complete Assembly of the Pie
Layer One: Pour 6 oz of melted chocolate over pie crust. Place in refrigerator until hard. (approx. 10 min)
Layer Two: Take out and add ice cream mixture. Place in freezer until firm. (approx. 20 min)
Layer Three: Take out and add almond filling and place in freezer until firm. (approx. 10 min)
Layer Four: Add the remainder of the chocolate to the top of the pie along with slivered almonds for decoration.
Cover and Freeze. Remove from freezer 20 minutes prior to serving.
*Note: If you do not have an ice cream maker and this recipe is calling your name, use So-Delicious has coconut milk ice cream that is acceptable for this pie.
Click here for more paleo recipes.