If you’re interested in learning the difference between grain-free and gluten-free, click below to get my free instant download!
Prep time: 10 min, plus refrigerating time • Cook time: 10 min • Yield: 12 cookies
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ¾ cup Paleo-approved chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the coconut oil, vanilla, honey, and egg. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Mix in the chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate the cookie batter for 30-minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into 12 balls and arrange them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 5-minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and flatten the cookies slightly with the back of a spoon. Put them back in the oven for about 5-minutes more, or until they look done. If you like soft and chewy cookies, take them out as soon as they start to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies remain on the pan for 1-minute before transferring them to wire racks to cool.
Notes: These cookies are so good that I gave them away for holiday gifts one year to rave reviews! They’re a great way to introduce your friends and family to Paleo.
Try the Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips, they’re dairy-, soy- and nut-free.