Prep time: 15 min • Cook time: 30 min • Yield: 2 servings
- 8 ounces (½ pound) boneless chicken breast halves (skinless)
- ¼ cup coconut flour for dredging chicken
- 2 tablespoons ghee and olive oil for sautéing chicken
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- Fine sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Juice of up to 1 lemon
- Chopped parsley, garnish, at the last minute
- Pound chicken breasts slightly to make them more or less the same thickness throughout, or, if breasts are large, slice through them horizontally, make 2 halves for each breast half.
- Place flour in a bowl or on a plate. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour and coat well. Pat the breasts to remove excess flour.
- Heat ghee or oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken breasts on each side until they are light golden.
- Pour chicken broth over the breast and cook until the sauce reduced and makes a thickened sauce. Adjust the salt and pepper in the sauce to taste.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve right away, garnished with capers and sprinkled with parsley.