This Kimchi Omelet is featured in Dr. Kellyann’s Bone Broth Cookbook.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Portions: 1 protein, 1/4 fat, 1/2 vegetable
In this breakfast eye-opener, gochugaru-spiked eggs wrap around crumchy kimchi. A wake-up call for your tastebuds, and great for your gut as well!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 scallion, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped kimchi
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon gochugaru or crushed red-pepper flakes
- Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the zucchini and scallion and cook, stirring, until the zucchini is slightly golden, about 3 minutes, Add the kimchi and warm through, about 1 minute.
Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, chili flakes, and a pinch of salt.
Add the egg mixture to the skillet, cover, and cook until set, about 5 minutes.
Slide onto a plate, slice, and serve.