Prep time: 5 mins • Cook time: none • Yield: 2 servings
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale or regular kale (about ½ pound)
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup ¼-inch diced apples
- ½ cup fresh pitted cherries, lightly toasted (in a 325 degree oven for about 15-minutes)
- ¼ cup shaved red onion
- ¼ cup of chopped (either horizontally or vertically) cashews
- Fine sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Wash and dry kale. Cut away leaves from center stems and massage the leaves in your hand by “scrunching” them until softened and dark green.
- Chop the kale and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss the salad and serve.