Prep time: 5 min • Cook time: 20 min • Yield: 4 servings
- ¼ cup macadamia nut oil or coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- One 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound broccoli, trimmed and cut into spears
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the tomatoes with their juices, the vinegar, and the basil and simmer until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Place the broccoli on top of the tomatoes and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 10-minutes or until the broccoli is tender. Don’t over cook the broccoli it should be vibrant green.
- Pour the cooked broccoli into a serving dish and toss to blend with the sauce before serving.
If you use coconut oil, the dish will take on a bit of coconut flavor. If you use the macadamia nut oil, it will have a richer, buttery taste.