Cranberries add a tart/sweet flavor to the pork. Serve leftovers in lettuce or cabbage cups for lunch. If there are any leftovers….
Instant Pot Pulled Pork with Cranberries and Pecans
Prep time: 15 mins • Cook time: 35 mins • Yield: 6 servings
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar or ½ teaspoon stevia
- ½ teaspoon Celtic or Pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 ½ pounds boneless pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 cups onions, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage, for serving
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted, for serving
- ½ cup dried cranberries, for serving
In a small bowl, combine mustard, garlic powder, coconut sugar/stevia, salt and pepper and mix well. Rub mixture on pork. Add the pork to the Instant Pot and top with onions and cranberries.
Using your cooker’s instructions, bring the cooker up to full pressure. Reduce heat to low, maintaining full pressure, and cook for 45 minutes. Allow to naturally release.
Transfer pork to a platter or cutting board and shred with two forks. Strain the liquid discarding the cranberries and onions. Pour the strained liquid over the pork.
Serve over shredded cabbage topped with chopped pecans and dried cranberries.