Make Bone Broth fast with your pressure cooker or Instant Pot! If you have a pressure cooker or Instant Pot, it’s easy to make a big batch of bone broth. Here’s how to do it.
Instant Pot: Dr. Kellyann’s Classic Chicken Bone Broth Recipe
This is based on my Back to Basics Bone Broth Recipe.
Prep time: 14 mins • Cook time: 90 mins to 2 hours / 2 to 3 hours • Yield: Varies, about 1 gallon
- 2 or more pounds raw chicken bones/carcasses and additional wings, thighs or feet
- 2 unpeeled carrots, scrubbed and roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, including leafy part, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed (optional)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Place the vegetables, garlic, bones, and bay leaves into your pressure cooker. Sprinkle on the salt, drizzle with vinegar, and add enough water to cover everything by 1 inch. Put on the cover and pressurize.
- Cook on high pressure for 90 minutes to 2 hours for chicken or turkey, and 2 to 3 hours for beef.
- When the cook time finishes, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release.
- Pour the broth through a fine strainer and discard the solids. Taste the broth and add more salt if needed.
- Chill the broth. It will keep for 3 days in the fridge and 3 months in your freezer.