Prep time: 10 min • Cook time: 14 min • Yield: approx. 48 crackers
- 1 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Herbes de Provence, or any combination of herbs you like
- 3 tablespoons ghee, melted, or extra virgin olive oil if you use it in baking
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375º F
- Grind half the toasted sesame seeds in a coffee grinder or Vitamix™.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl whisk ghee with eggs to fully combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mix with a fork, then knead using your hands to fully blend all the ingredients.
- Using half the dough, roll between two sheets of parchment to 1/8” or less in thickness. Remove top sheet and place entire bottom sheet with rolled out dough onto a sheet pan. Using a sharp knife cut into 24 crackers. Repeat with the second half of dough.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely before separating crackers. Store in an airtight container. Do not refrigerate.
Notes: For a crisper cracker, which I prefer, bake for 13 to 14 minutes. I use organic Herbes de Provence because I love the flavor combination of thyme, rosemary, basil, marjoram, sage, fennel, and lavender, but you can use any herb or combination of herbs you like.
Finally some great Paleo Crunch!