Prep time: 2 min • Cook time: 10-12 min • Yield: 3 servings
- 4 cups raw kale, washed, dried, and torn into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place kale in a large bowl and pour the coconut oil over the top. Toss the leaves with two wooden spoons until completely coated with oil, about 2 minutes.
- Spread the kale on a baking sheet in a single layer and sprinkle generously with salt.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until crispy and lightly browned on the edges. Keep an eye on the kale chips! They can change from brown to burnt quite quickly.
- Remove baking sheet and allow to cool on cooling rack for 3 minutes. The chips are crispier after they cool.
Tip: Eat these chips fairly soon after baking– they can begin to wilt after about 30 minutes out of the oven.
Vary It! Adapting your favorite potato chip flavors to kale chips is easy! Just add additional spices along with the salt before baking. For barbecue flavor, add ½ teaspoon chili powder mixed with ½ teaspoon paprika. For onion flavor, replace the plain salt with onion salt.