Prep time: 5 min • Cook time: 25 min • Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 pound cranberries
- 1 ½ cup filtered water
- 1 Fuji apple, cored and cut into a ¼ “dice
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- ¾ – 1 cup honey, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Rinse the cranberries with cold water and drain in a colander.
- Place the cranberries in a heavy pot over medium heat and add the filtered water; Bring it to a boil. The cranberries will soften and pop open when they are cooked.
- Adjust the heat a little lower.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- Simmer for approximately 11 – 15 minutes or until the apples have softened a little.
- Remove from the heat and let the sauce cool for 30 minutes before serving. The sauce tastes the best if it’s made a day or 2 before serving
Recipe Courtesy of Celia Fern