Prep time: 15 min • Cook time: 10 min • Yield: 4 servings
- 1 head Bibb lettuce or Julian Bakery Paleo wraps
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Coconut aminos to taste, optional
- Hot sauce to taste, optional
- Separate the lettuce leaves and wash and dry them.
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat; add the onions and sauté for one minute. Add the chicken and cook until it’s no longer pink, about 10-minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro, lime juice, fish sauce, salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Divide the lettuce leaves among four servings and spoon the chicken mixture into each lettuce leaf.
- Sprinkle on some coconut aminos and hot sauce (if desired).
Red Boat brand fish sauce is Paleo-approved. Coconut amines are a fantastic replacement for soy sauce. If you like the taste of soy sauce, you may want to sprinkle some aminos on, to finish off your wraps.