Prep time: 20 min • Cook time: 25 min • Yield: 36 cocktail meatballs
For the meatballs:
- 1 pound ground white meat chicken
- 3 tablespoons onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons celery, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- ¼ cup crumbled bleu cheese (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
For the sauce:
- 6 tablespoons pasture-raised butter or ghee
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Combine all ingredients for meatballs in a large bowl and mix well. Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake for about 25 minutes until lightly browned and fully cooked.
- While the meatballs are cooking, make the sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and bring to a simmer. Gently simmer for about 5 minutes, whisking occasionally. The sauce should slightly thicken.
- Transfer the cooked sauce to a large bowl. Add the cooked meatballs and toss to coat. Serve warm with toothpicks or hors d’oeuvre picks. Optionally, serve any extra sauce with the meatballs.
If you are not eating dairy products, eliminate the bleu cheese. The meatballs are equally good without it.