If you’re looking for more snack options, click below to get my Snacks in Seconds instant download.
Prep time: 10 min • Cook time: 30 min • Yield: about 2 cups
- 1 medium eggplant or about 4 Chinese eggplants
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- Juice of ½ lemon, about 2 tablespoons or more
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 450º F and line a baking pan with parchment.
- Prick eggplant with fork and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until very soft and tender.
- When eggplant has cooled, scrape out the flesh. You should have 1 ¾ to 2 cups. Put all ingredients in food processor and pulse until fully blended. Taste and make any seasoning adjustments.
After making those French Sesame Crackers last week, I was craving a really flavorful Paleo accompaniment. They make a perfect pairing!
I prefer to use Chinese eggplants because they don’t seem to have the bitterness the larger eggplants sometimes have.