Prep time: 3 min • Yield: 1 serving
- 1 cup almond milk or other nut milk
- 1 baked apple
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of the spiced juices from the baked apples
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 to 9 ice cubes
These ingredients are based on personal taste. In using the juices from the baked apple you may choose not to add more spices:
- 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of ground allspice (optional)
- Dash of ground ginger (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a blender and whip until smooth and creamy. Optionally, sprinkle a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg on the top.
This is apple pie in a glass! I like this smoothie best with Vanilla Paleo Bone Broth Isolate Protein Powder because it makes it even creamier and thicker; more like a milkshake. If your protein powder is sweetened, omit the maple syrup. If you use vanilla protein powder you can omit the vanilla extract. You could also add coconut cream for a heartier beverage.
To make it heartier and more filling, you can also add 1 to 2 tablespoons of nut butter.
Since this tastes like dessert to me, I will sometimes pour it into two small bowls and freeze it for about an hour and eat it with a spoon!