Dr. Kellyann on E! News Daily Pop
As you age, your body produces less and less collagen. If you are low on collagen, it can show up in your face, skin, nails, teeth, and bones. Decreased amounts mean your skin and hair get thinner, sags and wrinkles begin to appear, joints get stiffer, and tendons and ligaments lose elasticity. If you’ve experienced these symptoms it’s not too late. You can supplement your body with the collagen it needs through a diet consisting of Bone Broth.
Bone Broth has many health benefits. Not only is it packed with collagen to improve the look and feel of your hair, skin, nails, and joints. But, it also has gut healing properties that can help improve digestion, detox your body, and fight inflammation. Watch as I team up with the crew on E! News’ Daily Pop, to talk about fun ways to supplement your diet with Bone Broth, and how to get all of the collagen and health benefits that come with it.
Lemony Chicken Vegetable
Prep Time: 20 min • Cook Time: 25 min • Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons ghee or pasture raised butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 leek, white and pale green parts, thinly sliced
- 4 cups (1 quart) Chicken Bone Broth or Collagen Broth™
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 to 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup parsley or basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Melt ghee/butter in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and leeks and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes on medium heat. Add bone broth, coconut milk, carrots, celery, cauliflower rice, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, herbs, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cover, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes until carrots are tender.
Keep thinking Big and living BOLD!