Golden Turmeric Tea Recipe
The evidence is solid. We can all benefit from turmeric on a daily basis. And there are many delicious ways to add it to your diet and Golden Turmeric Tea is one of my favorites. And note that your body’s ability to absorb and utilize turmeric’s active compounds is vastly improved when it’s paired with black pepper and/or fat.
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk, carrageenan –free
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½-inch slice fresh ginger root, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- Dash of black pepper or cayenne (red pepper)
- ½ to 1 teaspoon honey or other natural sweetener such as maple syrup, coconut sugar, stevia or monk fruit
Heat the milk in a saucepan or in the microwave. Place remaining ingredients in a mug and add a few teaspoons of the warm milk. Stir to combine. Add remaining milk. Strain to remove ginger pieces if desired.
You can also add a small pat of butter, ½ to 1 teaspoon coconut oil, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, allspice, star anise, pumpkin pie spice, and/or cloves.
For a non-creamy tea use water, or make your favorite tea and remaining ingredients. Start with ½ teaspoon turmeric and gradually increase from there.
Golden Bone Broth
Golden bone broth is a creamy, turmeric-infused bone broth.
Yield: 1 serving
- 8 ounces bone broth or Slim Collagen Broth To Go
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric powder or 1 1/2 tsp fresh ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1-2 cloves of garlic
Add all ingredients to a small pot and heat on medium until the bone broth reaches and slight rolling boil.
Note: Try a sprinkle of cayenne pepper or cinnamon for added thermogenic properties
Hope you enjoy!