When you stagger out of bed in the morning, does that first cup of coffee bring you back to life?…
Seven Ways to Instantly Look Slimmer
Written by Dr. Kellyann Petrucci
I know that when you’re dieting, you can’t wait to get those extra pounds off. But it may take a while to reach your goal weight, especially if you have more than a few pounds to lose. Luckily, there are some ways you can look slimmer as you’re waiting to hit that goal. Here are seven of my favorite tips for instantly looking slimmer.
1. Ditch the baggy clothes. Yep, I know you think you’re hiding those pounds. But in reality, clothes that are too big actually make you look larger. Buy clothes that fit you well without being too tight.
2. Black is the bomb! We all know that black is the most stylish color. And luckily, it’s very slimming as well. (Other dark colors, like navy blue, also can make you look thinner.) One good trick is to use black strategically to draw attention away from a problem area. For instance, if your booty is bigger than you’d like but you’re happy with your figure from the waist up, team up black pants with a splashy blouse.
3. Wear heels. Higher heels give you a better leg line. They also add to your height, which makes you look slimmer. One more tip: Shoes that match your skin color closely will make your leg line look longer and sleeker.
4. Think “skim,” not “cling.” Avoid lightweight, clingy materials, which have a tendency to accentuate the wrong spots. Instead, go for high-quality, medium-weight fabrics that skim your body gracefully.
5. Accessorize wisely. Long necklaces, scarfs, and sweaters can create slimming vertical lines, while dramatic earrings can draw attention up to your face and away from your tummy.
6. Keep sipping bone broth. It will make you look less bloated. The glycine reduces inflammation and bloating giving you a thinner appearance pretty quickly.
7. Cultivate beautiful posture. You know how they say the camera adds ten pounds? Well, so does slouching! People shown photos of women who were either slouching or standing with good posture rated the women with good posture as thinner—even when they were significantly heavier than the slouchers.
In my next post, I’m going to share still more tips for “faking it ‘till you make it.” In the meantime, try my seven strategies—especially the one about posture, which is the most important one of all!
THIS SITE OFFERS HEALTH, WELLNESS, FITNESS AND NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION AND IS DESIGNED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR HEALTH, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT WITH A PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTH-CARE PROFESSIONAL. DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL OR HEALTH RELATED ADVICE FROM YOUR HEALTH-CARE PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU MAY HAVE READ ON THIS SITE. THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.